Coochie Resources Pty Ltd ACN 077 838 941 (referred to as “Coochie”, “our”, “we”, or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
The APPs establish requirements for the way entities collect, store and use an individual’s personal information. Our aim is to ensure the information you provide to us is handled in a secure, efficient and confidential manner. Details of what we collect and how it is used are contained in this policy. By using any of our services, visiting our website (www.coochie.com.au), or giving us your personal information, you agree to your information being collected, stored, used and disclosed on the terms set out in this Policy.
Collection of Information
1.1 Collection of Personal Information
- We may collect the following types of “personal information” from you:
- your full name, date of birth and other personal information such as your gender;
- your contact information, such as email addresses, a postal and residential address and telephone number(s);
- your credit card and bank account details;
- information about your use of our products and services offered by Coochie;
- records and content of any communications between us and you; and
- other personal information provided to us in the course of Coochie providing services to you.
- We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and where that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities (see paragraph 3 of this Policy).
- We generally collect your personal information directly from you with your consent.
- We will only collect personal information from a third party where it is appropriate, given the nature of the services, or where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect the information directly from you. Such third parties may include real estate agents, and those people who provide lawnmower, garden maintenance, laying turf, and irrigation services.
2. Storage of, and Access to, Personal Information
2.1 Storage and Security of Personal Information
- We strive to provide an environment which ensures that personal information (including sensitive information) is stored in a secure and confidential manner. Your personal information will be stored in electronic format with systems in place for the security of both the computers network and business premises. Only the staff of Coochie and its franchisees will have access to the personal information stored on the computer network, although the personal information may be passed to third parties in accordance with clause 1(a).
- Personal information stored on the computer network will be accessed by the staff of Coochie. This personal information may be passed on to an Australian water authority or a council or government body directly responsible for governing the activities of Coochie.
- We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will retain your personal information so long as it is personal information necessary or relevant to our Purposes.
- If you cease to be a customer of Coochie, all your personal information will be kept for seven (7) years to enable you to re-join as a customer of Coochie. However, we may (in our absolute discretion), destroy or de-identify your data, thirty (30) days after you cease to be a customer of Coochie.
2.2 Access to Personal Information
- It is important that you ensure that your personal information is kept up to date at all times.
- A customer is entitled to request access to the personal information Coochie holds about him or her by making a request in writing to the Privacy Officer of Coochie. We will respond to the request and provide access to the information within a reasonable time. There will be no charges associated with the making of such a request or the subsequent provision of information.
- Despite the above paragraph, we are not required to give you access if clause 12.3 of Schedule 1 of the Act applies or if a ‘permitted general situation’ is defined in section 16A of the Act which includes (but is not limited to):
- where we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and we reasonably believe that the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for us to take appropriate action;
- we reasonably believe that the collection, use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist in locating a person who has been reported missing; or
- the collection, use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
2.3 Correction of Personal Information
- It is important to us that your personal information is up to date.
- Where an individual requests that we correct the personal information we hold about that individual, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information. We are entitled to refuse to correct the personal information, provided that we give the individual a written notice containing the reasons for the refusal.
- Where we are satisfied that the information we hold about an individual is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information.
3. The Purposes for which we collect Personal Information
- We collect personal information only to the extent that such information is reasonably prudent or necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our
- Please be aware that it is impractical for us to deal with an individual and carry out any of the Purposes if the individual does not identify himself or herself sufficiently.
3.2 Description of the Purposes
The “Purposes” of Coochie include (but are not limited to) the collection, use and exchange of your personal and sensitive information:
- to fulfil Coochie’s functions and activities including:
- passing personal information onto Coochie’s franchisees for the purposes of those franchisees contacting you with a view to provide relevant lawncare services, including assessing your lawn, weed spray, lawn care, pest and weed control, and other similar services;
- so that we can:
- use the personal information in relation to services Coochie may provide to you in the future;
- administer our products and services, including engaging third parties to facilitate our services;
- send to you statements and invoices and collect payments from you;
- contact you, including sending you marketing communications (including newsletter subscriptions, and market research);
- conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
- comply with any legal obligations we may have;
- use the personal information in relation to any proceedings (whether commenced by you or against you and whether or not we are also a party to those proceedings); and
- in the event that a franchisee sells their business, provide the personal information onto the buyer of the franchise;
- in other ways where permitted by law.
Providing us with certain types of personal information is optional (we will tell you when such information is optional). However, if you do not provide us with that information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website or our services.
- Coochie may collect, use and exchange your personal information to any Australian water authority for a secondary purpose being:
- Coochie’s application to an Australian water authority to secure exemptions for its clients in respect of any potential water restrictions.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Information within Australia
- In order for Coochie to carry out any one or more of the Purposes, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information and/or sensitive information to third parties:
- who are engaged by us to provide services, or to undertake functions or activities on our behalf;
- to whom we are required to submit the information as part of maintaining business activities; these being any buyers of one of our franchisees, contractors engaged to carry out work, or other similar individuals or institutions.
- We must only use or disclose personal information and sensitive information for the Purpose or Purposes for which it was collected. We must not use or disclose personal information and sensitive information for any other purpose (a secondary purpose) unless:
- the relevant individual consents to that use or disclosure of the information;
- the individual would reasonably expect Coochie to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is related to one or more of the Purposes; or
- the use or disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian Law.
5. Direct Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Direct marketing occurs where entities use the personal information they collect to market related or other goods and services to the individual who provided the information. For example, we send an email newsletter, flyers, letters to customers, and other promotional material.
- We may use or disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. We will only use or disclose sensitive information for the purpose of direct marketing if you have consented.
- You are entitled to request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us by contacting us on the details listed at the beginning of this Policy or by clicking “Unsubscribe” where available. We will give effect to any such request.
6. Notifiable Data Breaches
An eligible data breach is unauthorised access or disclosure of information, or loss of information, that a reasonable person would conclude is likely to result in serious harm to any individuals to whom the information relates.
- Suspected Eligible Data Breach
There may be reasonable grounds for us to suspect there has been a data breach and we will take all reasonable steps to carry out an assessment as soon as practicable and within 30 days after we become aware of the suspected breach as to whether or not the data breach is an eligible data breach.
- Notification of Eligible Data Breach
- If there are reasonable grounds for us to believe that there has been an eligible data breach, and no exception under the Act applies, then we will prepare a written statement including:
- a description of the eligible data breach;
- the kinds of information concerned; and
- recommendations about the steps that individuals should take in response to the eligible data breach.
- If there is an eligible data breach of more than one entity, we will set out the details of those other entities in the manner described above.
- We will provide this statement to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) and (if required by the Act) we will then notify the contents of the statement to each of the individuals to whom the relevant information relates and to individuals who are at significant risk from the eligible data breach.
- If it is not practical to contact you in this way, we may publish the statement on our website.
- Exceptions to an Eligible Data Breach
There are exceptions under the Act which may not require us to notify individual/s of an eligible data breach. For example, where we have taken action before any serious harm occurs or before any unauthorised access or disclosure occurs, or where the Commissioner has declared that we are not required to give any notification.
7. Changes to this Policy
- Changes to this Policy
- We encourage you to check our Policy from time to time to ensure that you understand and agree with the changes that are made. If you do not agree with this Policy then you should not access or use our website, or order our goods or use our services.
- We reserve the right to make amendments to this Policy from time to time in our absolute discretion.
Should you have any queries about the Policy or the APPs, or wish to request information or lodge a complaint about a potential breach of the APPs, please contact Coochie as follows:
Attention: Ania Sienko
Address: Po Box 3371 Manuka ACT 2603
Phone: 1800 245 955
We will endeavour to respond to an individual communication within thirty (30) days.